Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fifty pence in the Pound income tax rates and my conversation with Tony Blair MP

I’ve only had one real conversation with our Prime Minister, one that got beyond the usual "hello, how’s the wife, lend us a tenner" sort of exchange that is. It was in 2005 just before he called the general election (after taking my advice naturally). I asked him why he didn’t support the LibDem proposal for a 50 percent level of tax on incomes of more than one hundred thousand English pounds. He answered the question very well.

And now even the LibDems have caught up.

2 Comments:

At 17:37, Blogger Bob Piper said...

...but Hughsey, pray tell... did he lend you the tenner?

 
At 08:19, Blogger Hughes Views said...

Bob - you may need to make an application under the Freedom of Information Act to get me to breech such a confidence!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home