Monday, June 05, 2006

More thanks.....

...and a post without a hint of irony or sarcasm! Iain Dale of Diary fame has mentioned my site in his “One Minute Guide to Today's Blogs”. As a result my new visitors counter has notched up an unexpectedly high total for a Monday.

I haven’t yet made it to a mention on his “slot for the new daily Channel 4 News podcast” but Councilor Bob Piper has. Hooray! Iain and Bob’s site are ‘real’ blogs and fine examples of what a political blog can aspire to. Iain’s must take him ages to keep going and, with an ear far closer to the political ground than mine is, he’s been able to come up with some scoops amongst his average of five or six daily postings. Mind you it’s more closely matched to his real job than my blog is – well that’s my excuse – and, although it didn’t help him get on the Tory candidate A list, I’m sure his site’s helped get him the odd spot on the telly and now his role in the new podcast. Interestingly, he was wondering out loud a few blogs back about how or if to continue to finance / justify the time he spends on his site. I counseled against taking on extra writers.......

He describes himself as ‘centre-right’. I suppose I’m ‘centre-left’ and Bob is certainly someway to the ‘traditional’ left of me. But, however much we disagree, we, and many other bloggers, seem to be able to use the medium without resorting to gross insult and/or the ‘tis, ‘tisn’t style of argument that infects a lot of the internet. Pithy and/or barbed remarks are much more effective imho.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home