Friday, August 04, 2006

Are you feeling lucky?

My blog comes first in some Google searches! What a bummer, imagine pressing the "I’m Feeling Lucky" button and ending up here.....

The miracle that is StatCounter lets me see how some of my readers have found their way here (except of course those smart-arses and/or paranoids who know how to hide such information). Unlike newly A-listed Iain Dale with his 292,613 hits a month (about 10,000 a day) I usually get fewer than 100 a day and can have a quick look to see from whence people came (if I’ve nothing better to do after switching off the telly to avoid Armando Iannucci or similar).

But what, I know you can’t wait to find out, are these searches? They both seem to work on both the .co.uk version and the .com ditto of Google. One is about bird flu. The other combines Shirley Williams with Alexei Sayle (as with John Major and Edwina Currie, I don’t think I’d know which of them to feel most sorry for).

So there you have it. If you’re desperately in need of my wit and wisdom but can’t remember my URL, two more quick ways to find me.....

2 Comments:

At 13:03, Blogger Iain Dale said...

what do you mean 'alleged'?

 
At 17:21, Blogger Hughes Views said...

Whoops, sorry Iain - drafting error, less haste more speed and similar clichés.

I had originally quoted your number of unique readers and was going to explain that alleged referred to the difficulties that hit counting programs have in distinguishing returning readers from ones who've been before (especially, but not exclusively, if they use more than one computer) and therefore tend to over-estimate the number of unique visitors. I took all that sort of waffle out but forgot to take the offending word out (but it's gone now). No offence intended, would that I had a tenth of your visitors......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home