Friday, September 22, 2006

Spin

Praguetory has left a comment on my Monday post about Clare Short. Hooray, I love comments (even from Tories)! They’re one of the things that make blogging worthwhile.

It reads: “that leaving speech was a powerful indictment of spin and incompetence”. I agree with him that Clare is very adept at spinning the facts to suit her point of view. And Hilary Benn, by being so much better, has certainly demonstrated what I always suspected viz. that she was a pretty lousy secretary of state for international development. But I think “incompetence” is perhaps a rather harsh way of summing up her career.....

2 Comments:

At 13:07, Blogger Praguetory said...

Lol. Well spun, Brian. As you have brought my post to prominence, please allow me to link to her article. I freely admit that I am feeling much more positively towards Clare than I did before this episode. Her leaving speech is not incompatible with this intriguing article by Clare from August 2005.

 
At 10:29, Blogger Hughes Views said...

Glad you got my joke praguetory....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home